My hope

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Memories

 Piper was playing in the rain today. I caught her midair in this photo...perfect.

I was supposed to have my yard sale today, starting this morning. The rain had other things in mind. That's ok, I let Piper play in the rain while I took pictures instead.

Watching her today reminded me of the many times I played in the rain as a child. It was soooo fun. Feeling the chill of the rain as it pitter patters on your head. Playing in the rain gives kids a since of freedom. It's normally a forbidden act. Parents don't want the kids to get all wet and come inside or heaven forbid it makes them sick. I can't count the number of times I played in the rain; know how many times I was sick? Once. Coinscidence? Maybe.

It's the simple things that make kids happy. Sometimes when we are grown up, we get so lost in the responsibilities of being an adult, we forget. I love watching my kids play, watching them be simple. Brings back memories...


                                          She looked like she was doing the rain dance...it worked.



                                         I'm not sure what she was doing here. I love this picture. She looks so much like me at her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment