My hope

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Strange

I feel...strange.

Not like myself.

I don't know what is going on inside of me, but it feels foreign. Something I haven't felt in a long time. About 10 years to be exact. Now this does not necessarily mean something bad...just foreign.

I don't know where it's coming from. Actually I do...it just doesn't matter. And I don't know what to do about it.

I'm feeling very vulnerable...something I do NOT like feeling. I feel open, like at any moment, my private matters will be seen, heard, felt...

What does a person do when at such a vulnerable state? How does one protect themselves from the potential pain that could come, and most likely will? Nothing good comes from being vulnerable. Not in my experience anyway.

This is short but sweet; or bittersweet to express appropriately. Pretty much sums me up on the inside here lately...

2 comments:

  1. Vulnerability is hard.
    I don't know how how you really protect yourself from pain. I just try and embrace it these days, work through it, love myself even more...

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know protecting myself from pain is just a wayward dream, but it was a nice thought. Now embracing it...you are gonna have to teach me your secrets. :)

    Vulnerability IS hard, especially for me. This is new for me, I'm not used to feeling like that, and I don't know what to do with it. I don't like this feeling at all.

    ReplyDelete